Physical activity and exercise contribute significantly to a healthy lifestyle. People are forced to use their bodies, and when they are no longer used, they lead to unhealthy lives. An unhealthy lifestyle can manifest itself in obesity, weakness, lack of stamina, and generally poor health, all of which can lead to the development of illness.
We’ve listed the benefits of exercising regularly. Read this to know more:
- Regular exercise can prevent and reverse age-related decreases in muscle mass and strength, improve balance, flexibility, and endurance, and decrease the risk of falls in the elderly.
- Regular exercise can help prevent coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure.
- Regular, weight-bearing exercise can also help prevent osteoporosis by building bone strength.
- Regular fitness can help chronic arthritis sufferers improve their capacity to perform daily activities such as driving, climbing stairs, and opening jars.
- Regular exercise can help increase self-esteem and self-confidence, decrease stress and anxiety, enhance mood, and improve general mental health.
- Regular exercise can help control body weight and in some people cause loss of fat.
So, the question is, do you exercise regularly? If not, we suggest you start soon.